Louth Choral Society

Established before 1836

Allan Smith

Musical Director

Louth Choral Society is delighted to announce the appointment of Allan Smith as Musical Director of the Society from 1st January 2017.



Allan moved to Lincolnshire in 2014 to take up the position of ‘Master of the Choristers’ at St James’s Church in Louth.  Since then, he has firmly established himself as an active musician in the area, teaching music and holding the post of ‘Choral Director’ at King Edward VI Grammar School in Louth.  He has also formed a new community boys’ choir, ‘Laudate’, which occasionally sings services at St James’s and participates in local concerts. 

Read more...
 
The Choir

Louth Choral Society presents a wide variety of choral music from the 16th Century right through to the present day. We aim to achieve high standards and our concerts are usually given with professional orchestras and soloists.

Read more...
 
Our history

It was at a meeting on Monday 26th November 1866 that Louth Choral Society was formed and performing members were asked to pay the sum of four shillings as a subscription for the term.

Read more...
 
Sample our CD

Wings of a Dove CD by Louth Choral Society

The choir's CD recording “The Wings Of A Dove” is now available. It includes music by Mendelssohn, Samuel Sebastian Wesley and the first ever recording with brass accompaniment of Carl Rutti’s “Three Carols”.

Read more...
 
Gill Parker



Gill Parker - Deputy Assistant Musical Director

GILL PARKER moved to Grimsby from London at the start of her teaching career having met and married local musician, David Parker.

Read more...